Feel good about working in good company, for a good company.
Work With Us
At Strauss Brands, we’re always looking to add great members to our team. Love good food? Passionate about ethically-raised meat? We’d love to have you join us.
We offer competitive salary and benefits and promote an inclusive environment, and we’re striving to find the leaders of tomorrow to help us move our industry forward.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Full Healthcare Coverage – Comprehensive health coverage is available for employees, spouses and their dependents from UMR, a United Healthcare Company, including a traditional preferred provider option (PPO) and high deductible health plan.
- Dental and Vision Insurance – Strauss offers dental and vision insurance from UMR at a group rate for employees and their family members.
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days – Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is important and Strauss recognizes this with paid vacation and personal days.
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Deferred Savings Plan – Strauss provides a competitive match to the employee contributions to the plan.
- Life Insurance – Strauss provides life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage. There is also an opportunity to purchase additional coverage at a group rate.
- Disability Insurance – Strauss provides employer paid short-term disability as well as voluntary long-term disability.
- Life Assistance Program – Strauss offers, in partnership with UMR, a valuable employee and family assistance program addressing issues of health, well-being, and security.
- Flexible Benefits Plan – Through the Strauss flexible benefits plan, you can save tax dollars on healthcare and dependent care costs.
Interested in joining us? Check out our available positions below.
Supply Chain & Master Data Manager
Posted: Dec 1, 2023
Supply Chain & Master Data Manager
Strauss Brands, a leading provider of humanely raised high quality premium meats is seeking a Supply Chain & MRO Master Data Manager. Strauss Brands believes in holistic land management, utilizing the whole animal, and providing our community of farmers and butchers their fair share. We believe “sustainably raised” can, and should, taste great. We believe every dollar we spend is a vote for the kind of world we want to leave our children. We believe in leaving the Earth better than we found it. We believe in regeneration for future generations. We offer competitive salary and benefits and promote an inclusive environment, and we’re striving to find the leaders of tomorrow to help us move our industry forward.
This is a hands-on management role, will manage and own the tracking and fulfillment of packaging and plant materials, purchasing, and related process improvements. Work closely with internal stakeholders and external vendors as a liaison between procurement, production, logistics, quality, sales and marketing. Schedule materials purchases, process purchase orders, track orders throughout their lifecycle, perform supply planning, and drive improvements through improved visibility, reporting, and supplier audits. Act as gatekeeper of all ERP master data for products, materials, BOMs, and production planning.
- Manage and track all material purchases throughout procurement lifecycle using ERP software.
- Generate accurate/timely purchase orders.
- Track the flow of material from shipment to receipt to ensure timely productions needs are met.
- Communicate and manage issues with Operations and Supply Chain team members.
- Recommend and provide solutions to remove existing operations and/or sourcing inefficiencies.
- Communicate and distribute supplier information to production, production support, and quality management team.
- Maintain strong vendor relationships by continuing to work collaboratively with vendors and Strauss organization to optimize operational flow between external and internal operations. Serve as the point of contact for vendor communications and uphold vendors to service and quality standards.
- Complete monthly inventory for packaging and materials inventory including costing and review to ensure accuracy.
- Analyze project timing and costs, tracking performance of transitions while maintaining service levels to production.
- Analyze component volume shifts, factor forecast projections, cost model various procurement strategies, recommend and manage procurement changes to better support business trends.
- Perform vendor qualifications thru assessing vendor’s core capabilities, perform vendor facility visits as needed, manage component testing, and negotiate business contracts.
- Revolutionize plant materials inventory strategy and tracking processes.
- Collaborate with Production and Maintenance to inventory all key MRO parts and equipment.
- Transition the purchasing and visibility of all packaging and MRO items into ERP (Canopy).
- Develop and monitor KPIs such as safety stock levels for key parts and materials.
- Knowledge share cross-departmentally on and off the production floor to develop best solutions.
- Own operations ERP master data including protein products, non-protein products, materials, and BOMs.
- Not simply manage the data, but understand impacts to operations, costing, and sales.
- Coordinate with leadership and IT to generate, analyze, and distribute standard reports for regular review.
- Learn and utilize BI and query tools to develop the best actionable and accurate reporting solutions.
- Participate in ERP enhancement and automation processes.
- Learn and perform functional opportunities across all aspects of the business as assigned to provide the company with developing management/succession and technical skills.
- Completion of all other duties as assigned to support all aspects of Strauss operations.
Strauss Brands believes in and practices equal opportunity. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, ancestry, sexual preference, national origin, disability, veteran status or other area of prohibited discrimination. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law. We are further committed to assuring that:
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion and compensation programs are granted fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis. Employment decisions related to compensation, benefits, transfers, promotions, hiring, termination, training, social and recreational programs are administered on the principles of equal opportunity.
Click here to view a copy of the “EEO The Law” poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Strauss Brands will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 414-973-2332.