Serve these Italian meatballs over your favorite pasta and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
Make meatball subs. Split crusty Italian rolls, remove some center of bread, fill with meatballs, and top with sauce.
These make great cocktail meatballs. Serve them with toothpicks for a great party snack.
1 lb Strauss Ground Veal, Strauss Ground Lamb, Strauss Free Raised® Grass Fed Ground Beef. (Try a combination!)
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 quart of your favorite marinara sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
Olive oil for sautéing
- Preheat an oven to 400°F degrees.
- Warm quart of marinara sauce in large pot over low heat – reserving 1/2 cup.
- In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup marinara sauce and egg; add ground veal, lamb or beef, garlic, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and cheese, mixing thoroughly.
- Form the mixture into 2-inch (or desired sized) meatballs.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat; then add enough olive oil to lightly cover bottom of pan. When oil is hot, sauté the meatballs, working in batches and browning them slowly on all sides.
- Once the meatballs are browned and almost cooked through, use a slotted spoon to gently remove them to a pot of hot marinara sauce. Continue to gently simmer for an additional 15 minutes or until cooked through.