Fresh Herb and Olive Oil Marinated Steaks
4 Free Raised® Grass Fed American Beef steaks* (flank, porterhouse, ribeye, sirloin, strip or tenderloin)
2 whole sprigs fresh thyme
1 whole sprig fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh sage, including stems and leaves
1 stem basil, including stems and leaves
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Crushed black pepper, to taste
- Roughly chop herb medley and put into large ziplock bag. Add crushed garlic, olive oil and pepper.
- Add steaks to bag and coat them well with herb marinade.
- Refrigerate in bag 2 hrs to overnight.
- Remove marinated steaks from refrigerator 30 min before cooking.
- Remove steaks from bag; salt to taste.
- Heat skillet on medium until hot.
- Place steaks in hot skillet, cook to desired doneness (5 to 7 min per side).
Place steaks on grill pre-heated to medium and cook to desired doneness (approx 7 min per side depending on size of steak).
For Extra Tenderness:
When using either cooking method, brown your steak on top of the stove or on the grill for a few minutes per side. Then finish in an oven pre-heated at 350° to desired tenderness.
*If preparing large steaks, double marinade.