Chorizo Fried Rice
1/2 lb Dos Mamacitas Chorizo Authentico
1/2 cup chopped red or yellow onion, small dice
1/2 cup chopped green onions
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup finely chopped or shredded carrots
1 cup thinly sliced Napa cabbage
1/2 cup thawed frozen peas
3 cup cold cooked ginger/lemongrass-infused rice
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup Mirin
2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Wipe hot pan with a small amount of oil. Add 1/2 lb chorizo and break apart with a spatula and sauté until cooked almost through.
- Remove chorizo from pan but reserve oil in pan. (The rendered oil from the chorizo is very desirable, fragrant and infused with spices and flavor. This oil will be used to fry the rice.)
- Keep sauté pan hot and add the beaten eggs. Cook eggs until done, chop with spatula and remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chopped onion to pan and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add carrots and scallions and sauté until tender.
- Add cabbage and sauté until wilted.
- Add chorizo back into pan and sauté with vegetables.
- Add 3 heaping cups of cold, previously cooked rice.
- Continue to sauté all ingredients together until rice is heated through and well incorporated into the vegetables.
- Add the thawed peas.
- Combine the Mirin and the soy sauce and then pour over rice.
- Keep sautéing rice until Mirin is evaporated.
- Serve and enjoy.