Adam Siegel’s Veal Burger with Merkt’s Cheddar Cheese
1 lb Ground Veal
Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
4 oz Merkt’s Cheddar Spread, room temp, or any other cheese you prefer
4 Kaiser or hamburger Rolls
1/2 cup crispy bacon, julienned
1/2 cup caramelized onions, chopped
Aged balsamic vinegar, to taste
20 cornichon pickles
2 Tbs salted butter, softened
- Take the veal and divide into 4 equal sized patties, to desired thickness. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Cook over a high heat charcoal grill, about 2 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Toast the buns on the grill, and then spread with the butter.
- To build the burger, place the bottom of the bun down first, follow with a Veal patty, then add the onions drizzled with the Balsamic vinegar. Then top with the bacon and some pickles. Simply place the top of the bun on and enjoy. Serve with French fries or potato salad.
- Alternatively, you can make tiny, individual open face burgers for hors’douvres. Simply make one ounce patties and sear in a pan, toast the bread in a toaster, and cut out with a ring mold to the appropriate size. Build the burger and hold together with a toothpick.