Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
1/2 pound veal leg cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 egg, well beaten
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs olive oil
Fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness.
- In shallow dish, combine coating ingredients. Place bread crumbs and egg in two separate shallow dishes.
- Lightly coat both sides of cutlets with coating mixture. Dip each cutlet into egg, allowing to drain slightly, then into bread crumbs to coat both sides.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 of butter and oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of cutlets; cook 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness, turning once. Remove cutlets; keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and cutlets.
- Just before serving, sprinkle cutlets with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, as desired.