Veal Tenderloin with Brandy-Peppercorn Cream Sauce
Use this recipe with Strauss Free Raised® Grass Fed Beef or Strauss Veal tenderloins.
2 veal tenderloin, 10-12 oz each
2 Tbs Butter, divided
1 Tbs Chopped Shallots
8 oz Heavy Cream
1 oz Strauss Veal Demi Glace
1 oz Green Peppercorns
5 oz Brandy
Kosher salt, to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
1 lb Idaho Potatoes
1 lb Yellow Fleshed Potatoes
5 Garlic Cloves
8 oz Cream
8 oz Half & Half
4 oz Unsalted Butter
Kosher Salt, to taste
- Peel potatoes and remove eyes. Cut Potatoes in quarters lengthwise. Cover with cold water in a pot that will hold the potatoes easily. Add the garlic cloves and set over high heat until simmering.
- Heat the milk and cream together to gently bring them to a simmer. Keep mixture covered and hot. Cut the butter into small cubes.
- Simmer the potatoes uncovered until tender and completely cooked. Strain off water.
- Place the potatoes back into the pot and put over low heat. With a potato masher, mash until the potatoes are completely broken up. Season them lightly and begin adding the hot cream mixture slowly, using a wooden spoon to mix in.
- Add the butter, a few cubes at a time until completely incorporated. Hold to the side.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large stainless steel sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Season the veal with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add a couple of Tbs of olive oil to one pan and heat until smoking.
- Add the veal to the pan and sauté on all sides until browned on all sides about 3-4 minutes, adding 1 Tbs of the butter, sage and thyme the last minute of sautéing.
- Place the veal in the oven for 2-4 minutes or desired doneness. Remove from the pan and hold on the side. Discard all cooking fat from the pan.
- Add 1 Tbs of butter and shallots to sauté pan and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add the green peppercorns and sauté for another 30 seconds. Deglaze with brandy – be careful of the flames!
- Add the cream and demi glace and reduce until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3-5 minutes.
- Take the veal and slice, placing a few slices on each plate with some potato puree, drizzle the sauce over the veal. Serve and Enjoy!