1 pound veal leg cutlets, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
3 cups veal stock or chicken broth
1 cup white wine
4 Tbs butter, divided
8 oz thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
3/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, patted dry
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1-1/2 cups diced tomatoes
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Add stock and wine to medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Heat 2 Tbs butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and shallots to pan; cook and stir 5 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Remove from skillet.
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness, if necessary. Combine flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Lightly coat cutlets with seasoned flour.
- Heat 1 Tbs butter in same skillet over medium heat until melted. Place 2 or 3 cutlets in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until veal is cooked through, turning once. Remove cutlets; keep warm. Repeat with remaining cutlets, adding remaining butter as needed.
- Add reduced stock mixture to pan. Cook and stir 1 minute or until browned bits attached to pan are dissolved. Return veal cutlets and mushroom mixture to pan. Stir in tomatoes and basil. Serve immediately.