Veal Meatloaf with Corn Bread
James Beard Award-winning Chef Adam Siegel shared one if his favorite ways to use Strauss Free Raised® Ground Veal in this recipe. It can absolutely be adapted for use with Free Raised® Grass Fed Ground Beef as well. Better yet, make this meatloaf with a combination of beef and veal.
2 lbs Free Raised veal, coarsely ground
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/4 cup celery, minced
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup tomato juice or sauce
1-1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup corn or canola oil or melted butter
1 egg plus one yolk
1-1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup clover honey
- Combine all ingredients, mixing with hands.
- Press into a greased/buttered mold.
- Bake at 350°F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Brush with a mixture of your favorite barbecue sauce or a mixture of 1 part barbecue sauce, 1 part Dijon mustard, and 1 part ketchup, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into a greased/buttered 8X8 baking dish or a 10X4X4 loaf pan.
- Bake at 400°F. for 20-25 minutes.