Veal Cutlet Piccata
1 lb veal leg cutlets, cut 1/8 to 14 inch thick
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sweet paprika
1/8 tsp ground white pepper
1 Tbs unsalted butter
2/3 cup dry white wine
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs unsalted butter; at room temperature
2 tsp capers
- Pound veal cutlets to 1/8-inch thickness, if necessary.
- Combine flour, 1/2 tsp salt, paprika and white pepper in shallow dish. Lightly coat cutlets with seasoned flour.
- Heat 1/2 Tbs butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until melted. Place 2 or 3 cutlets in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until veal is cooked through, turning once. Remove cutlets; keep warm. Repeat with 1/2 Tbs butter and remaining cutlets.
- Add wine and lemon juice to skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until browned bits attached to skillet are dissolved and liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 Tbs room temperature butter and capers. Season with salt, as desired.
- Spoon sauce over cutlets. Serve immediately.