Super Quick & Easy Chorizo Stuffed Peppers Appetizer
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Serves Approximately 24 individual peppers
1 lb Strauss Free Raised or Dos Mamacita’s bulk chorizo
12 or more mini sweet peppers, rinsed
4 oz softened goat cheese or cream cheese (optional)
1 onion, finely diced
Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise. Try to cut the stems in half so you have a little bit of stem on each pepper. This makes them look prettier. Remove seeds and pith.
Dairy Free Variation
- Fill each pepper with raw chorizo.
- Place filled peppers on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees until chorizo is cooked through.
- Top with a sprig of fresh cilantro, serve and enjoy.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and break apart with a fork or spatula. Continue sautéing until chorizo is browned and cooked through. Remove from heat, drain well and set aside to let cool.
- Add softened cheese and diced onion. Fill peppers with chorizo cheese mixture. Place on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees until heated through and slightly browned. Top with a sprig of fresh cilantro, serve and enjoy.
PAIRING SUGGESTION: Your favorite Mexican beer or margarita