2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder meat, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 Tbs olive oil, divided
4 cup fat-free chicken broth
2 jars (16 oz each) salsa
2 cans (15-3/4 oz each) hominy, drained
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- In sealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add lamb cubes in batches and shake to coat.
- In 6-quart pan, heat 1 Tbs oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb in batches and brown. Add more oil as needed.
- Place browned lamb in bowl. Return lamb to pan and add broth and salsa.
- Simmer for 45 minutes. Stir in hominy.
- Cover and simmer for 15 additional minutes. Stir in cilantro.