Italian Veal & Pepper Stew
Try this delicious recipe with Strauss Veal Stew Meat, Free Raised® Grass Fed Beef Stew Meat or a combination of them both.
1-1/2 lbs veal or grass-fed beef stew, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
2/3 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium green bell peppers cut into thin strips
Hot cooked rice
Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat veal with seasoned flour; reserve remaining flour.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown 1/2 of veal; remove from Dutch oven. Brown remaining veal and remove.
- Stir tomatoes, broth, garlic and reserved flour mixture into Dutch oven.
- Return veal to Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add bell peppers; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until veal and peppers are tender.
- Serve stew over rice; sprinkle with cheese, as desired.