Classic Liver & Onion
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
4 – 4 oz liver slices
1/2 lb bacon
1 sliced onion
1 cup flour
2 Tbs butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat skillet and fry bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions to bacon fat and sauté until caramelized.
- Remove onions and set aside.
- Reserve any leftover bacon fat in skillet.
- Season liver slices with salt and pepper and dredge both sides in flour; shake off excess. Heat skillet to med-high with leftover bacon fat; add additional butter if needed so that bottom of skillet is covered about 1/4”.
- Sauté each liver slice for approximately 2 minutes per side, until edges are brown. Ready when light pink juices flow out. Remove from pan and reserve sauted slices to the side on a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining 2 slices.
- Return all liver slices to pan, along with cooked onions, and top with crispy bacon.
- Cover, heat through and serve.