Chorizo Stuffed Dates Appetizer
12 large pitted dates cut in half lengthwise
1/2 lb of Dos Mamacitas Chorizo (made with 100% humanely raised veal)
1/2 small package (2 oz) or ¼ cup of soft room temperature goat cheese
12 slices of bacon cut in half
- Warm small sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add chorizo and break apart with spatula, sauté until browned and cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chorizo from pan and place in a bowl.
- Let chorizo cool slightly.
- Mix sautéed chorizo into soft goat cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill each half of date with chorizo goat cheese mixture, mounding the filling on top of the date.
- Wrap each filled date with a half slice of bacon, and secure it with wooden toothpick.
- Place on sheet pan.
- Bake in oven until bacon is brown and crispy. Turn over when top is brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Appetizers may be accompanied with sriracha aioli sauce or chimi churi sauce for dipping, but not necessary. These stuffed dates taste fantastic all by themselves as well.