1 lb of Strauss Free Raised or Dos Mamacita’s bulk chorizo
2 bags of good quality tortilla chips
1 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese
8 oz organic American cheese singles, cut up
1/2 cup cream or half-and-half
1 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup green scallions, finely sliced
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Method for Chorizo:
- Heat in a pan over medium heat and sauté 1 lb of chorizo and break apart with a fork or spatula.
- Continue sautéing until chorizo is browned and cooked through.
- Remove from heat, drain well and set aside.
Method for Cheese Sauce:
- Warm cream in a saucepan.
- Add cheese and simmer over low heat until cheese melts. Stir until smooth and remove from heat*.
Method for Nachos:
- Arrange chips on a baking tray.
- Spoon cheese sauce over chips.
- Scatter chorizo over cheese.
- Top with scallions.
- Place under broiler until bubbling and browned.
- Transfer nachos from baking tray to a serving dish.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, guacamole and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
If you are in a hurry or prefer melted cheese to a cheese sauce, sprinkle grated cheese over tortilla chips, top with chorizo and continue.