Celebration Leg of Lamb
Idle Time : 10 minutesRoast Time : 20 to 25 minutes
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 whole bay leaf, crushed
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried sage
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
6 to 9 lbs lamb leg, bone in
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In small bowl, mix together soy sauce, oil, garlic, pepper, ginger, bay leaf, thyme, sage and marjoram.
- Place lamb on rack in roasting pan. With sharp knife, make frequent slits in surface of lamb. Move knife from side to side to enlarge pockets. Rub herb mixture into each slit. Rub remaining mixture over roast.
- Roast in oven for 20 to 25 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer registers 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium or 170ºF for well-done.
- Remove roast from oven, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
- Pan drippings can be used in gravy or skimmed and served au jus.