BBQ Lamb Pita Pizza
1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 lb ground American lamb
4 tsp garlic salt
2 cups bottled barbecue sauce, divided
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
8 pita breads (5- to 7-inch)
8 canned pineapple slices, cut in half
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add bell pepper and onion; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add lamb and garlic salt and cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
- In bowl mix together barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper. Add 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture to cooked lamb.
- Spread 2 Tbs remaining barbecue sauce on each pita bread. Top each pita bread with 4 pieces pineapple and 1/2 cup lamb mixture.
- Sprinkle each pita with 2 Tbsp cheese.
- Bake in oven until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into 4 or 8 wedges.