New Zealand Lamb
Pure & Authentic
New Zealand is an ideal place to produce pure, authentic, delicious lamb. Strauss New Zealand lamb is grazed on some of the world’s most fertile pastures and is 100% grass fed and grass-finished by family farmers and ranchers. The temperate, subtropical climate, ample rainfall, and emerald-green pastures produce lamb with classic flavor. A nature-intended stress-free environment creates exceptionally succulent, tender meat with exceptional tenderness. New Zealand lamb breeds are petite resulting in the smallest of Strauss Lamb cuts, a benefit for culinary creativity and versatility.
Raised in Perfect Harmony
Family farmers and ranchers in New Zealand are considered the authority in pasture grazing, and are expert stewards of their land. They know this environment is precious and commit to preserving nature’s gifts through sustainable practices. New Zealand lambs graze where rivers and streams are fresh and clear, the air is pure, and pastures are lush and nutritious with succulent grass and clover. In this temperate climate, lambs often graze all year-round, but in some areas, pasture is saved and stored to offset low growth in winter. These are some of the best conditions in the world for raising lamb.
Humane raising has always been the cultural tradition in New Zealand. Lambs are never administered growth hormones or animal bi-products. Antibiotic use is strictly regulated and only allowed to treat illness which rarely occurs, never given preventatively or as a growth stimulant. Combining a pristine environment and humane handling results in exceptional meat.
VITAMINS & MINERALS
- B vitamins
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- Omega 3s are fatty acids, important for heart health and brain function.
- Omega 3s may reduce your risk of cancer.
- Grass fed lamb contains higher levels of omega 3s than lamb finished on grains.
CLA (CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACID)
- CLA is a fatty acid that improves metabolism.
- CLA reduces body fat, especially belly fat, and increases muscle strength and endurance.
- CLA helps fight certain cancers, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and allergies.
- CLA supports supports and improves immune health.
- Research has shown that grass-finished lamb could provide up to 15% of the required daily amount of CLA.
STEARIC ACID – A SPECIAL TYPE OF SATURATED FAT
- Saturated fat is typically known to raise cholesterol levels. However this saturated fat, stearic acid, has a neutral effect on cholesterol levels. About 1/3 of the saturated fat found in grass-finished lamb is stearic acid.
- Stearic acid is found to be associated with lower LDL cholesterol levels.
- Antibiotic use is strictly regulated and only allowed to treat illness as it occurs, never given preventatively or as a growth stimulant. Pasture raising on a nature-intended diet with space to roam greatly improves the health of lambs, almost eliminating the need for antibiotics.
- Artificial growth stimulants and hormones are never administered.
- New Zealand lambs are never fed concentrates, artificial foods, grains, or animal bi-products, ever.
COME TO OUR TABLE
Strauss New Zealand Lamb is wonderfully versatile and easy to prepare. Browse our selection of lamb recipes to find a new family favorite. Or use our cut chart to learn more about Strauss New Zealand lamb cuts, lamb cooking tips and preparation suggestions.