Free Raised® Grass Fed Beef
Authentic Natural and Delicious
We only partner with American family farmers and ranchers who are passionate about the grass they grow, the land they preserve, and the cattle they raise. They are exceptionally skilled at their craft, using all-natural, biological, soil-balancing methods. Our family farmers carefully tend to their cattle and their land, producing authentic heritage-bred, free range, 100% grass finished beef – never administered antibiotics or hormones, as nature intended. This produces sustainably raised, great-tasting, marbled beef. Good for the cattle, the earth, and you.
A simple statement that clearly defines our vision for ourselves, our families, our company, and our future. Nature provides many gifts: the air we breathe, the earth beneath our feet, the food we eat, life itself. We believe that how we treat these gifts is a direct reflection on who we are. We take joy in this responsibility and apply it to the philosophy that we embrace and the products that we offer.
GOOD FOR THE CATTLE
- Pasture-raising, along with an all-grass diet, develops strong immune systems, eliminating the need for antibiotics.
- We choose nature’s way – patience and care, never using growth hormones.
GOOD FOR THE EARTH
- Properly grazed pastures dramatically reduce fossil fuel usage.
- Eliminate greenhouse gases from the atmosphere more effectively than forested land.
- Protect water quality by reducing topsoil erosion.
GOOD FOR YOU
- Low in saturated fat, cholesterol and total fat; a good source of naturally occurring Omega 3’s and CLA (conjugated linoleic acid).
100% Grass Fed and Grass Finished
Raised on Open Pastures; Never Raised in Feedlot
Never Administered Antibiotics or Growth Hormones
Agriculturally Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly
Born and Raised in the USA by Family Farmers
NATURAL & NUTRITIOUS
VITAMINS & MINERALS
- B vitamins
- Pantothenic Acid
- Beta carotin
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Omega 3s are fatty acids, important for heart health and brain function.
- Omega 3s may reduce your risk of cancer.
- Grass fed beef contains higher levels of omega 3s than beef finished on grains.
CLA (CONJUGATED LINOLEIC ACID)
- CLA is a fatty acid that improves metabolism.
- CLA reduces body fat, especially belly fat, and increases muscle strength and endurance.
- CLA helps fight certain cancers, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis and allergies.
- CLA supports and improves immune health.
- Research has shown that grass-finished beef could provide up to 15% of the required daily amount of CLA.
- Grass-finished beef contains 2 to 3 times more CLA than grain-finished beef.
STEARIC ACID – A SPECIAL TYPE OF SATURATED FAT
- Saturated fat is typically known to raise cholesterol levels. However this saturated fat, stearic acid, has a neutral effect on cholesterol levels. About 1/3 of the saturated fat found in grass-finished beef is stearic acid.
- Stearic acid is found to be associated with lower LDL cholesterol levels.
- Never ever given antibiotics.
- Artificial growth stimulants and hormones are never administered.
- Strauss Free Raised® Grass Fed beef is never fed concentrates, artificial foods, grains, or animal bi-products, ever.
- A 6oz steak from grass-finished beef has almost 100 fewer calories than a 6oz steak from grain-finished beef
Come To Our Table
Taste the difference with Strauss Free Raised® Grass Fed Beef. Browse our selection of beef recipes to find a new family favorite. Or use our cut chart to learn more about Strauss Free Raised® Grass Fed Beef cuts, beef cooking tips and preparation suggestions.
Become a Strauss Familiy Farmer
If you are passionate about all-natural raising practices and are interested in partnering with us, become a Free Raised® Grass Fed Beef producer.